Thursday December 3rd is the International Day of Persons with Disabilities. It is also the day before Prime Minister Trudeau’s Throne Speech.
That is why on December 3rd we’re asking all of you to show our new Prime Minister and his Cabinet what an Accessible Canada for all looks like.
- The need for accessible, affordable housing.
- Protection of the rights of parents with disabilities.
- Accessibility in healthcare, including Indigenous Peoples and refugees.
- Police training in effectively and sensitively working with disabled people.
- Distribution of Health and Social transfers to address the inequities in the systemic barriers that exist between provinces and territories.
Using the hashtag #AccessibleCanada4All please take to social media and remind them that real change is not a continuation of the status quo, where only the most advantaged of us move forward.
This is our time. Let’s make it count.
Please share the #AccessibleCanada4All campaign with your networks.
For more information check out https://exposingableism.wordpress.com/2015/11/16/accessible-canada-for-all/